QNAP TS-453Bmini Vertical NAS Now Available
QNAP Systems has announced the availability TS-453Bmini, the company’s newest vertical NAS solution. Featuring a modern glossy build, the TS-453Bmini is equipped with the latest Intel 14nm J3455 quad-core 1.5GHz processor, AES-NI encryption, 4K UHD output and transcoding. QNAP calls their new NAS a high-performance NAS solution that provides users with security and intelligent services and designed as an ideal data storage, backup, sharing, and entertainment option for home and small office use.
With upwards of 8GB DDR3L dual-channel RAM, dual Gigabit LAN ports and SATA 6Gb/s, QNAP quotes the TS-453Bmini to reach read speeds of 225MB/s under AES-NI 256-bit hardware-accelerated encryption for both shared folders and the full NAS volume. The TS-453Bmini can also be expanded to 120TB via QNAP’s 8-bay UX-800P expansion unit; the device’s tool-less design also makes upgrades to the NAS itself (e.g. installing larger HDDS and more RAM) a seamless process.
The TS-453Bmini uses the latest version of QTS (4.3), which offers a plethora of updated and new applications designed to promote the efficiency of management tasks as well as everyday use. For example:
- Container Station supports various container applications and provides support for QIoT Containers and IoT applications.
- Virtualization Station allows users to run multiple Windows, Linux, UNIX, and Android-based virtual machines.
- QmailAgent centralizes multiple email accounts and simplifies daily email management. Qcontactz centrally stores and manages contact information.
In addition, QNAP’s new vertical NAS uses advanced virtualization technologies to integrate QTS and Linux. Installing Linux Station and connecting a keyboard, mouse and display, allows the TS-453Bmini to be used as a makeshift Ubuntu PC. The NAS also supports 4K UHD output and real-time transcoding, which provides smooth and high-quality video across devices and where network bandwidth is limited.
- TS-453Bmini-4G: 4GB DDR3L dual-channel RAM (2 x 2GB)
- TS-453Bmini-8G: 8GB DDR3L dual-channel RAM (2 x 4GB)
- Vertical and desktop design, 4-bay NAS supporting hot-swappable 3.5″/2.5” SATA HDD or SSD, Intel Celeron J3455 1.5 GHz Quad-core processor (burst to 2.3GHz), 4/8GB RAM (upgradable to 8GB), AES-NI hardware-accelerated encryption, 2 x Gigabit RJ45 LAN ports, 1 x HDMI 4K UHD @30Hz, 4 x USB 3.0 ports, 1 x USB 2.0 port, Remote Control (RM-IR002)
- Additional features include: support for VMware, Citrix, Microsoft and Citrix to assist in flexibly deploying and managing virtualization environments; cross-platform file sharing for Windows and Mac and desktop/laptop backup; Windows AD, LDAP directory services and Windows ACL to improve the efficiency of permission settings. The TS-453Bmini also offers flexible backup solutions for Windows and Mac and disaster recovery solutions with RTRR, rsync and cloud storage backup.